Sometimes it is difficult to make lunch every day, especially when you have run out of ideas.
For this reason, here are a few recipes that you can make for lunch at home quite simply and that the whole family will love.
1. Beef Meatballs
1.5 kilos of ground meat, beef
1 medium onion
1/2 cup of ground bread
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
8 red tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1.In a large bowl mix: the meat, bread, chopped onion, eggs, parsley, and season with the oregano, thyme, garlic, and salt (everything to taste). Mix until everything is homogeneous.
2. When you have the mixture ready, form the balls according to the size you want.
3. Cook the tomatoes in water for 10 min.
4 Blend the tomatoes together with 1/4 onion and the garlic clove.
5.Liquefy the mixture in a saucepan. Add a little water and season with chicken soup and salt. You can add the same seasonings that you used for the meat.
5.Place the meatloaf in the sauce and cook for 20 min.
6.You can accompany the meatloaf with white rice.
2. Baked Chicken
A complete chicken
5 medium potatoes
Aromatic herbs (thyme, oregano, cumin)
Salt and pepper
1. Put the chicken in a baking dish. Squeeze 2 of the oranges. Season with salt, pepper, and aromatic herbs according to your taste. Let stand one hour
2. Cut one of the oranges into pieces and fill the chicken with this.
3. Cut the potatoes into medium pieces. Cut one of the oranges into slices, put them on top of the potatoes, and add a little olive oil.
4. Preheat the oven to about 200ºC or 390ºF0
5. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and cook for an hour in the oven.
6.After the hour, remove the aluminum foil and leave the chicken for 30 more minutes to roast.
7. One piece of advice I can give you is that every 15 or 20 minutes bathe the chicken with the same juice that it releases to make it juicy.
8. You can accompany it with vegetables or white rice.
1/2 kilos of large shrimp
1/4 cups lemon juice
2 tablespoons of paprika
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon butter
1 large red onion
1 cup of tomato
1 cup of corn kernels
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of oregano
1. Make sure the shrimp are well peeled and clean.
2.Marinate the shrimp with the lemon juice, paprika, garlic, and pepper to taste. Leave in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the liquid from the shrimp.
4. Cook the shrimp in a skillet over medium heat with olive oil and butter for 5 minutes or until they are cooked. Season with salt and remove from heat.
5.For the pico de gallo, mix the onion with the tomato, the corn, avocado, the chili, the coriander, all very well chopped.
6. Season with the lemon, olive oil, and oregano, salt, and pepper to your liking.
7. Serve the shrimp hot or cold. Garnish with coriander to taste.
8. You can accompany the shrimp with tortillas or toast.
4. Fish with creamed potatoes
4 fish fillets, 200 g
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
parsely to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cups of evaporated milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 cups of capers
1 cup of Manchego cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C or 350ºF.
2. Cut the potatoes into slices and cook them in plenty of water and salt to taste. Cook the potatoes until they are slightly soft.
3. Remove the potatoes from the heat, drain the water and let them cool.
4. Season the fish with the olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
5.Mix the heavy cream with the evaporated milk, melted butter, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
6. In a baking dish, place a little of the sauce, arrange the potatoes, cover with more sauce, add the fish and finish with more sauce, add the capers, sprinkle with the Manchego cheese, and bake for 20 minutes.
7.Serve, and accompanied with a fresh salad or white rice.
5. Soft ribs
20 pork ribs
1/4 cups of panela or brown sugar
4 tablespoons vinegar
4 tablespoons mustard
1/2 cups of honey
1/2 cups of ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Dissolve the panela and vinegar in a saucepan. When it is incorporated, remove from the heat and add the honey, mustard, ketchup, and English sauce, mix well.
2. Season the ribs with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Add the previous mixture and let them rest for 15 minutes.
3. Place the ribs in an ovenproof dish and bake at 180ºC or 350ºF for 30 minutes.
4.After 30 minutes, turn the ribs and leave them for 30 more minutes or until the meat is as soft as you like.
5.Serve the ribs and accompany the dish with bread or mashed potatoes.
6. Spaghetti with mushroom sauce
500 grams of spaghetti
1 cup whole milk
1 cup cream cheese
1 large can of mushrooms
3/4 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 butter spoons
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cups of celery,
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Parsley to taste
Oregano to decorate
Parmesan cheese to taste
Fresh bell peppers to taste
1. Cook the pasta in plenty of water until they are semi-cooked.
Blend the whole milk, cream cheese, canned mushrooms, whipping cream, and onion powder until smooth.
3. In a pan with butter, cook the garlic with the celery (finely chopped) until they change color, add the sliced mushrooms, the spaghetti and the sauce.
4. Mix everything very well and season with salt, pepper, and parsley to taste. Cover the spaghetti and cook for 8 minutes or until the mushrooms and pasta are cooked.
5.Serve and sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese. You can accompany it with toasted bread with garlic.